Security into Tsakis was set up again on November 23rd, 2020 following the Live Update Meeting provided from our C&C and KEOC that was live-streamed on Friday, November 20th, 2020 on the Kwakiutl Emergency Updates page. The checkpoint will be from 8:00am-8:00pm daily for at least two weeks and is going up as a reminder to non-community members that only residence of the community may come into the village. (passes distributed at the main check-point Monday-Friday) If you have not received a pass for your vehicle due to being away for work or medical purposes and are a Kwakiutl Resident or employee - please email:
New Public Health Orders as of today, B.C. WIDE
* Masks are now mandatory at all indoor public spaces.
* Weddings and Funerals are a MAX of 10 people.
* No traveling outside of our own communities.
(Unless for work or essential travel only)
* NO visitors at our homes, UNLESS you live ALONE
(1-2 [max] visitors if living alone, but they must be the same 1-2 people throughout)
* Keep to our own households.
* NO gatherings what so ever.
* No church services or events - the previous max of 50 is suspended.
(See virtual alternatives)
* No high-physical indoor group activities - eg. No hot yoga, no spin class
These are all for the next 2 weeks, when they will reevaluate.