The FNFC photo contest is back and we’re seeking beautiful First Nations fisheries-related photos to appear in our 2019 calendar!
Twelve winning photos will be chosen, and one GRAND PRIZE winner will be selected from among the 12 photos. The grand prize photo will be featured on the calendar’s cover, and the photographer will receive a $250 Visa gift card! Photographers who submit the other 11 winning photos will each receive a $25 Visa gift card. All winning photographers will also receive a copy of the calendar.
Depending on the geographic range represented in the photo entries, we will aim to select photos from as many different regions across the province as possible. We also hope to feature as many different species, aquatic resources, fishing methods and activities as possible, so you may get points for originality!
Some suggestions for photos: traditional First Nations fishing/harvesting practices, fishing or habitat areas, fish/aquatic resources, First Nations sustainable aquaculture activities, First Nations economic fisheries, youth fisheries engagement and learning, fisheries activities that are specific to your region, technical surveys/assessment/monitoring or scientific research activities, traditional food preparation and preservation methods using fish or aquatic resources, community feasts, cultural activities, or any other fisheries related scenes you can think of!
Please note: Whether or not your photo is selected for the calendar, by submitting photos to the contest, you grant permission to the FNFC to use your photo for publications, newsletters, communications, etc. (with credit to the photographer).
With each submission, please include the following info:
• Location where the photo was taken
• Brief description of what’s happening in the photo (species featured, events featured, people featured, etc.)
• Name of photographer, community or organization, phone number, and email address
• Photo credit as you would like it to appear in the calendar and/or in any FNFC communications/publications
• Each person may submit up to 5 photo entries for consideration.
• By entering a photo, you give the First Nations Fisheries Council permission to use it in future publications, communications, etc.
• You must own the rights to all photos submitted to the contest.
• Photos must be submitted electronically via email or Dropbox link, or delivered to our office on a USB drive, and must have high enough resolution for sharp, high quality printing in sizes up to 8.5” x 11”.
• Please include name, community or organization, phone number, and email address with your submission.
• Please send emailed submissions to
or deliver to Suite 320 – 1200 West 73rd Ave, Vancouver BC.