Educational Assistant Job Posting
Are you an energetic positive person who likes to help kids? Are you able to give them direction in a firm but gentle way? Do you have a childlike imagination and enjoy play? Do you have good peripheral vision to see ALL around a class and be able to respond immediately to who needs help or redirection. (Eyes in the back of your head are an asset). Are you willing to learn and take feedback to improve your practice for the good of ALL kids? Are you physically able to walk, run, and play games? Are you a team player? If so, please read the rest of this posting and get your resume ready. We are a positive staff in a spectacular building. Perhaps, you are the person to join our team?
The Education Assistant assists in the classroom to support student learning and provides supervision during recess and lunch. The Education Assistant follows the directions of the classroom teacher and has duties such as working with small groups, monitoring classroom behaviour, and assisting the teacher as required. Academic as well as social/emotional skill building will be a part of the Education Assistant duties. The Education Assistant will also be part of the supervisory team throughout the day to keep our students safe.
• Completion of Education Assistant Certificate from a recognized institution or related education preferred or willing to start their training ASAP
• Criminal Record clearance
• Readwell/Reading Mastery/Saxon Math experience or willing to take training
• Recent experience with children or youth
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Physical ability to walk, stand, move as needed with active children
CLASSROM DUTIES /RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists students with academic
• Maintains discipline
• Ensures student safety at all times
• Assists in the care of sick or injured students
• Assists teachers in preparing materials for lessons
• Works directly with students with special needs
• Provides safe supervision of students during lunch and recess
• Works with teachers to ensure students are never unsupervised
Start Date: Nov 19, 2018 Completion Date: June 28, 2019
Deadline: Tuesday, Nov 13, 2018, 1 pm
Please email completed applications to:
Completed application packages must include a cover letter, resume and 2 professional references. Incomplete packages will not be accepted.
*DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE*