NICOLA TRIBAL ASSOCIATION JOB OPPORTUNITY:
Fisheries Biologist, Nicola Tribal Association, Merritt BC
The Nicola Tribal Association’s small but well-regarded fisheries department (the Nicola Watershed Stewardship and Fisheries Authority, or NWSFA) is looking to fill a position vacancy through the employment of a qualified fisheries biologist. This is a full-time position based in Merritt, BC. We are seeking applications from motivated individuals that meet the following qualifications:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in, or related to, fisheries biology and/or fisheries resource management.
• Minimum two years’ experience at a project/crew supervisor level.
• Demonstrated report writing experience/skills.
• Is a motivated, self-starter and team builder who can mentor and train staff with limited formal education in the sciences.
• Has a basic understanding of First Nations’ relationships to the fisheries resource.
• Is comfortable working in a First Nations environment and has a valid driver’s licence.
Click on the link above for full job description and required qualifications.