Kwakiutl Band Infant Development Worker (Part Time)
Position: Kwakiutl Band Infant Development Worker (Part Time)
• College Certificate/Diploma or equivalent in ECE, ECD, CYC, or related field.
Personal Qualities and Essential Knowledge
- Able to nurture positive relationships with infants/children and families;
- Able to reflect on own actions and feelings and open to new ways of thinking and learning;
- Shows a desire to increase learning;
- Applies understanding of family, social, community development;
- Applies understanding of social and health services in the community;
- Makes positive, healthy lifestyle choices; and
- Has knowledge of Kwakiutl culture and traditions.
- Monitoring and supporting families applying the professional standards and procedures outlined in the Aboriginal Infant Development Program manual;
- Monitoring group attendance;
- Administering developmental screening tools;
- Developing, monitoring and keeping accurate documentation of activity plans for each child/family on caseload; and
- Participating in the planning and facilitating programs for children and their families.
Application Deadline: December 18, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.
Submit cover letter with resume to:
Attention Carole Ford, Early Childhood Development Coordinator
P.O. Box 1440
Port Hardy, B.C.
Phone: (250) 949-6625
Fax: (250) 949-6066
**DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE**