KNDC - Fisheries Manager
KWAKIUTL NATION DEVELOPMENT CORP.
Under the direction and guidance of the Kwakiutl Nation Development Corp (KNDC) General Manager/CEO, the Fisheries Manager oversees all activities of the KNDC fisheries in accordance with policies, agreements and related priorities set by the Corporation/Kwakiutl Band Council (KBC). He or she has oversight of all fisheries managed by KNDC - including boats, licenses, related gear, and associated fisheries staff and/or fishing crews.
- Certified Fisheries Enterprise Management Training - Required
- Post secondary degree or diploma in business management, financial management, economic development, marine aquaculture sciences or other related disciplines
- Experience in a West Coast marine and freshwater fishery
- Strong business acumen coupled with experience driving revenues in fisheries
- Demonstrated experience leading & developing employees
- Hands-on experience in vessel maintenance and operation (including regulatory requirements)
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal fisheries policies, laws, legislation & regulations
- Strong ability to lead / manage field and vessel crews in an efficient, professional, and fair manner
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, formal writing (such as briefing notes, strategy documents, work plans, etc.) and communication skills
- The ability to engage and work effectively with Kwakiutl community members and other stakeholders
- Strong computer and technical writing abilities
Other Job Information
- Successful applicant must periodically undergo a police information check (PIC)
- Pre-employment and post-incident drug/alcohol testing is a requirement
- Travel to various destinations outside the typical worksite
- The successful applicant can expect to work in a variety of different work environments, as well as work outside normal business hours and to function independently
- Abide by KNDC/KBC organizational policies (ie personnel policy and other policies)
- Work independently, organize work, prioritize workload, possess interpersonal / communication skills (written and verbal)
- Preference may be given to Aboriginal applicants such as those with a degree or diploma and those with direct work experience in this role with Kwakiutl or other First Nations
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned by the GM/CEO
(Optional extended health & pension benefits following successful probationary period)
Competition Closes: Open until filled – position to start asap
Job Status: Full-Time, Permanent
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please forward your cover letter and resume with “KNDC Fisheries Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail to:
Dwayne Worthing, Director of Human Resources
Kwakiutl Nation Development Corp.
99 Tsakis Way, Box 1440, Port Hardy, BC, V0N 2P0