Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures - Kwakwaka’wakw Kayak Guides
Employment Opportunities – Kwakwaka’wakw Kayak Guides
Share your love and knowledge of the north island working with Kingfisher Wilderness Adventures. Kingfisher will support suitable candidates to get the basic entry level training needed to begin working as a Level 1 kayak guide. This includes kayak skills, plus leadership, first aid, marine radio, and marine naturalist training.
Please review the position below and submit resumes along with a cover letter indicating the position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Andrew Jones.
Additional positions are listed at https://kingfisher.ca/employment-opportunities/
Level 1 Kayak Guide
- Assisting or leading Alder Bay Kayak day trips or assisting Kingfisher’s lead and assistant guides with service delivery of base camp kayak tours on Hanson Island (Yukusam).
- Delivering an exceptional wilderness experience to all of Kingfisher’s guests
- Kayak instruction and on-water safety of guests
- Providing natural and cultural interpretation
- At base camp; organizing on-shore activities, meal preparation and campsite safety
- Conducting pre-trip orientation meetings with guests
- Pre-trip gear and supply preparation
- Post-trip gear cleaning and maintenance
- Certified as a Level 1 |Kayak Guide with the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC
- Minimum of Basic first aid (16 hr minimum)
- CPR-C Certificate
- VHF Radio operators’ certificate (ROC-M)
For Kwakwaka’wakw applicants who do not possess all the above skills and certifications, Kingfisher may pay for the cost of training.
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Natural history interpretive skills
- Outgoing and personable; must be able to effectively communicate with varied groups of individuals
- Ability to work as a member of a team, take directions, and provide direction
See job posting here: https://kingfisher.ca/employment-opportunities-kwakwakawakw-kayak-guides/
***DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE***